Spongy banana bread
- 2 cups (500 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda,1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) mashed bananas (2 bananas)
- ¾ cup (200 ml) sugar
- ½ cup (200 ml) homemade yogurt
- 1) Sieve together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- 2) In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs then add the bananas and the sugar.
- 3) Beat till the consistency is good by adding the yogurt and dry ingredients.
- 4) Pour into a buttered bread baking tin* and dust with flour, remove excess flour.
- 5) Bake for 40 minutes at 350ºF on the top grill or till the the dough is not sticking to a toothpick.
- 6) Refrigerate at room temperature.
NOTE: * Baking tin measure: 9 x 4 x 2.5 inches high (23 x 10 x 6.5 cm high).