Tzatziki, a must from Greek cuisine that is normally made with sheep milk and goes with grilled meats like lamb, fish, vegetables and pita bread. Tzatziki is to Greek cuisine what mustard is to French cuisine or ketchup to North American cuisine.
- 500 g strained homemade yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp. garlic flower or chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil,Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. salt to soak the cucumber
- Cuted fresh vegetables
- Peel the cucumber, cut it into thin julienne strips and mix with the salt in a bowl. Let sweat for 30 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Drain the julienned cucumber in a colander for about 10 minutes, rinse and pat dry on a paper towel.
- Mix the cucumber with the drained yogurt, garlic flower, olive oil and dill. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let stand 24 hours in the fridge for a better distribution of flavours before consuming.