You don’t need a dedicated machine to make homemade kefir!
False! Homemade kefir is very easy to make and requires no special appliance. Here’s how to make it:
1. Heat one liter of milk to 82°C / 180°F or bring to a boil. Let it cool down to 23-25°C / 73-77°F.
2. Dissolve one sachet in a small amount of the cooled milk in a cup. Pour back into the liter of milk and mix well.
3. Pour the inoculated milk into a clean airtight container. Close the lid and let stand at room temperature until the kefir curd forms (about 24 hours).
4. Refrigerate for about 8 hours to stop the incubation process.
5. Stir to liquefy and enjoy! Always store kefir in the refrigerator.